Call for Papers
The Second Annual Conference on Undergraduate Research in Computing Science aims to provide a forum for undergraduate students to present their ideas and interact with other young researchers across the UAE and other Gulf countries, expert faculty, and leaders from the IT industry. So, if you are an undergraduate student working on a final year project or doing research in any computing field, you are encouraged to submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation. All submissions will be reviewed by expert faculty and feedback will be provided to all submissions. Call for Papers in PDF format.
Oral vs. Poster Presentation
In an oral presentation, the presenter will be given 15 minutes to present his/her work in front of the audience. Poster presentations are meant to be visual and will be displayed in the conference venue and presented during breaks.
Please submit a 500-word abstract describing your final year project or on-going project work. Please follow these guidelines:
- The deadline for abstract submissions (March 1, 2010)
- All submissions must be written in English
- You may have one or more co-authors, but the first author must be an undergraduate student
- Use this template in MS Word format for your submission (for oral and poster presentations)
- Make sure you specify whether you want to present your work in an oral presentation or a poster presentation format
- All submissions must be sent via email to: email@example.com
CD and Post-Conference Proceedings
Authors of accepted abstracts will have the opportunity to finalize their abstracts before final submission for inclusion on the CD which will be given to participants at the conference. In addition, authors of accepted abstracts can submit their final papers after the conference for publishing on the conference website and consideration for publication in a scientific journal.