Call for Papers
The Fourth Annual Conference on Undergraduate Research on Applied Computing (URC 2012) aims to provide a forum for undergraduate students to present their ideas and interact with other young researchers from educational institutions in the UAE, other GCC countries, and the rest of the Arab world, as well as expert faculty and leaders from the IT industry. So, if you are an undergraduate student (in UAE, GCC counrties, other Arab countries) working on a final year project or doing research in any computing field, you are encouraged to submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation. All submissions will be reviewed by expert faculty and feedback will be provided to all submissions. Call for Papers in PDF format.
Oral vs. Poster Presentation
In an oral presentation, the presenter will be given 15 minutes to present his/her work in front of the audience. Poster presentations are meant to be visual and will be displayed in the conference venue and presented during breaks.
Please submit a 500-word abstract describing your final year project or on-going project work. Please follow these guidelines:
- First, please note the deadline for abstract submissions is February
5 14, 2012
- All submissions must be written in English
- You may have one or more co-authors, but the first author must be an undergraduate student
- Use this template in MS Word format for your submission (for oral and poster presentations). For your information, here are some sample abstracts (please follow the same style):
- Make sure you specify whether you want to present your work in an oral presentation or a poster presentation format
- All submissions must be made online at htt ps://www.easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?conf=urc2012
Note: If you don't already have an account, sign up for one...it is free and it only takes 2 minutes. Once you login, create a new submission and fill out the necessary information. Please make sure you upload your MS Word (.doc) file containing the abstract. Please use this template for your abstract submission.
Authors of accepted abstracts will have the opportunity to finalize their abstracts before final submission for inclusion in the book of abstracts which will be given to participants at the conference (for your information, here is the book of abstracts from URC2011). In addition, authors of accepted abstracts can submit their final papers after the conference for publishing on the conference website and consideration for publication in a scientific journal.