The Eighth Annual Conference on Undergraduate Research on Applied Computing (URC 2016) aims to provide a forum for undergraduate students to present their ideas and interact with other young researchers from educational institutions in the UAE, other GCC countries, and the rest of the Arab world, as well as expert faculty and leaders from the IT industry. So, if you are an undergraduate student (in UAE, GCC counrties, other Arab countries) working on a final year project or doing research in any computing field, you are encouraged to submit an abstract for a live demo, lightning talk, or poster presentation. There are three types of submissions (for live demo, lightning talk or oral presentation, and poster presentation), and all submissions will be reviewed by expert faculty and feedback will be provided to all submissions.
Abstracts for lightning presentations, live demos, or poster presentations should report on a novel application (live demo) or research project work (for lightning presentation or poster presentation) done by undergraduate students, and the first author should be an undergraduate student. Your research project can be in progress at this point but results should be available and presented at the conference. URC2016 welcomes three types of submissions:
• The submission deadline for all abstracts is February 15, 2016
• All submissions must be written in English
• You may have one or more co-authors, but the first author must be an undergraduate student
• Use this template in MS Word format for your submission (for all submission type). For your information, here are some sample abstracts (please follow the same style): sample-abstract1.doc; sample-abstract2.doc, sample-abstract3.doc
• Make sure you specify whether you want to present your work in a live demo, lightining presentation or a poster presentation format
All submissions must be made online at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=urc2016 Note: If you don't already have an account, sign up for one...it is free and it only takes 2 minutes. Once you login, create a new submission and fill out the necessary information. Please make sure you upload your MS Word (.doc or .docx) file containing the abstract. Please use this template for abstract submission.
Authors of accepted abstracts will have the opportunity to finalize their abstracts before final submission for inclusion in the ebook of abstracts (for your information, here is the book of abstracts from urc2015).